- Valium was first marketed as the brand, Diazepam. Diazepam was the second benzodiazepine to be created by the scientist, Leo Sternbach of Hoffman-La Roche. This development was made in 1963, as an improved version of the first benzodiazepine created, Librium. The invention of benzodiazepines was a huge step forward for the pharmaceutical company. In fact, in 1977, benzodiazepines were the most prescribed medications, globally.
- The success of these benzodiazepines was attributed to the efficacy of these medications. Benzodiazepines work by influencing the activity of the main neurotransmitter of the central nervous system, known as gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA).
- GABA is the neurotransmitter that blocks impulses between the nerves cells found in the brain. Researchers have suggested that this neurotransmitter can have an effect on one’s mood as well as create feelings of calmness and relaxation by affecting the parts of the brain responsible for these effects.
- Benzodiazepines potentiate the effects of GABA through an interaction with GABA receptors. This is done through the binding of the medicine to the receptors of GABA, which subsequently changes the shape of the receptor. GABA is then more effectively bound to the receptor and the inhibitory effects of the neurotransmitter are thereby enhanced.
How Long Does It Take for Valium to Work?
The onset of action of a medication depends largely on the method of administration as the pharmacological effects of a therapeutic can only come to prominence once the medication is solubilised and enters the bloodstream. Different routes of administration have different durations of time for the medicine to reach the bloodstream. For example, it typically takes 20 minutes for diazepam pills to enter the bloodstream via oral administration because the therapeutic must first pass through the stomach to the small intestines, prior to being absorbed by the bloodstream.
When taking the diazepam via the intravenous route, the active ingredients do not have to go through the digestive passage as the solution is already in liquid form and can enter the bloodstream quicker.
Valium 10 mg online is available in a variety of formulations:
- Oral pills
- Intravenous injections
- Intramuscular injections
- Rectal gels
- Nasal sprays
The onset of action of this anti-anxiety medication is subject to the type of formulation you are using. Intravenous injections typically take one to five minutes for the therapeutic benefits to take effect. Likewise, the onset of action for the oral diazepam pills is generally 15 to 60 minutes after administration.
How Long Does Valium Last?
The effects of these diazepam pills last for approximately six hours. How long the therapeutic benefits of the medication can last depends on:
Dosage of medication: The more medication in your body, the longer it will take for the effects to wear off. Higher dosages will take longer to be metabolised and removed from the body as well. High doses are also related to an increased risk of valium side effects too.
Body size: Typically, people who are larger in size require higher dosages than those who are smaller. Furthermore, those who have higher body weights, take longer to breakdown medications.
Type of medication: Some medicine are long-lasting, others are less so. The type of medication depends on the manner in which it is formulated and hence, how long its therapeutic effects will last.
Tolerance: Those who have experience using various medications or those with a history of using psychoactive substances are typically more tolerant to different medicines. If you have a higher tolerance to medications, the effects may not last as long as compared to someone who is inexperienced.
Gender: Women often experience the effects of a medicine on a much larger scale than men. There are varying reasons for this difference in pharmacological response, such as women have lower body weights than men.
How Well Does Valium Work?
Since its launch, Valium anxiety meds has been one of the most frequently prescribed therapeutics in the world. Between 1968 and 1982, these diazepam pills were the most popular medications in the United States for instance, in terms of revenue generated. In fact, two billion diazepam pills were sold in the year, 1978 alone. The numbers are staggering in Europe as well. You can find valium for sale through established online pharmacies like ours.
Even decades later, diazepam showed no signs of slowing down in popularity as in 2018, there were more than 6 million prescriptions recorded.
The popularity of this therapeutic is a sign of its efficacy and safety. Many people buy valium online no prescription because the therapeutic benefits of these anti-anxiety diazepam pills much greater than many other pharmaceuticals. User reviews have indicated an average 86% of those who buy anxiety pills online have positive feedback regarding the efficacy of valium.
Valium diazepam pills are also used for symptoms of alcohol withdrawal. The two major advantages of diazepam, for the management of withdrawal symptoms, are:
- Swift distribution of the active ingredients through the body
- High lipid solubility (how quickly the medication can cross membranes in the body to reach the bloodstream)
Patients going through alcohol withdrawal are often immensely agitated and anxious as well. A valium dosage can be effective in calming the patient down and inducing a state of relaxation.
How Long Does Valium Stay In Your System?
- The processes of removing an administered dosage of this anti-anxiety medication from your body are collectively referred to as drug elimination. Medications are either excreted after being metabolised or as an intact form (not undergoing metabolism).
- During the metabolic breakdown, a therapeutic is converted to active metabolites that often take longer to be removed from the body, specifically longer than the parent drug.
- These anti-anxiety diazepam pills can take about 10 days to be removed from the body, and longer for the active metabolites (forms of the medicine which have therapeutic action) to be eliminated.
- The majority of medications are excreted via renal excretion. The kidneys play a vital role in drug elimination but other methods of excretion include the therapeutics being passed through the body in bile and faeces.
- If there is any impairment of the organs responsible for the excretion of medicines, the process of drug elimination may be adversely affected. For example, those with hepatic dysfunction can experience an accumulation of the therapeutic in the body as a result of inadequate excretion.
- Additional pathways of elimination can include the lungs, sweat, saliva, tears and breast milk.
As well as the best anxiety medication on the market, our well-known valium online pharmacy sells branded and generic sleeping meds and pain pills at low-cost prices and we even add extra free medication to your delivery if you pay using Bitcoin. Yes, you get free delivery and free pills when paying with Bitcoin!
More Product Information: