Like With Any Medicine There Are Sleeping Tablets Side Effects. Sleeping medicine are put into the category of sedative-hypnotics. It is typically used in individuals who have been diagnosed with insomnia and other sleep conditions to initiate and optimise sleep. These sleeping tablets are only used for a short time, as many of these tablets can have an affinity for misuse, abuse and addiction. Although they serve an important role in treatment, that does not inhibit some patients from using the tablets beyond their intended purpose and duration.
Nevertheless, sleeping tablets can be safely used when patients follow their health professionals’ guidelines and advice. The low risk of sleeping tablets side effects, dependence or addiction should therefore not scare patients from getting the help they need.
The side effects are reduced further when simple guidelines are followed. Patients must remember that these guidelines will not stop side effects – instead, they will decrease the likeliness of experiencing them. More common side effects are experienced relatively more frequently, but they go away after some time and are mild.
The safe and effective usage guidelines are as follows:
- Follow strict dosage advice.
- Do not take more than required.
- Do not use for longer than prescribed or if insomnia has been treated.
- Do not mix sleeping tablets with contraindicated medicine and alcohol.
- Follow weaning off process upon the discontinuation period.
Common Sleeping pills side effects
Sleeping tablets come with a range of benefits, however, they also have side effects like most pharmaceuticals. Patients will not know if they will experience sleeping tablets side effects until they try it and evaluate tolerance. Certain conditions, medicine and lifestyle habits may also increase the risk of side effects, while other patients may not experience side effects at all.
When using sleeping tablets, experts recommend that patients practise good sleeping habits and apply certain lifestyle changes. Not only does this subside occurrences of side effects, but it also enhances the effectiveness of the sleeping tablets.
Lifestyle alterations to include the use of sleeping tablets:
- Increase exercise during the day.
- Do not do stimulating activities in bed/before sleep.
- Do not excessively smoke or drink alcohol.
- Individuals should only go to bed when they feel tired.
- Changes in appetite
- Dry mouth and throat
- Unusual dreams
- Impaired balance
These side effects are usually not present in patients for more than two weeks, if at all. It is advised to be aware of all side effects that patients may experience when taking any sleeping tablets, to ensure that the treatment is not causing any further complications. Patients must also look out for rebound insomnia, as it may occur with certain sleeping tablets and when treatment plans are overlooked.
Uncommon Sleeping tablets side effects
When starting a sleeping tablets treatment plan, medical professionals will disclose the possibility of uncommon side effects, if one has conditions such as asthma. Since sleeping tablets cause central nervous system depression, they can slow breathing. Therefore, patients with lung problems such as emphysema or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) should proceed with caution when using these medicine.
Uncommon sleeping pills side effects include:
- Rebound insomnia
- Reduced alertness
- Daytime drowsiness
- Inability to concentrate
- Muscle pain and weakness
- Memory problems
It is impossible to treat these symptoms from home, as it requires reassessment from a health professional. They will recommend a lower frequency of doses to be taken in a week or decrease the dose.
Patients should also watch for particular food and medication interactions, which can also reduce the occurrence of uncommon side effects when avoided. Caution must be taken when changing diets while taking sleeping tablets.
When taking sleeping tablets, patients should also get into bed as soon as possible. The chance of experiencing sleeping tablets side effects such as daytime drowsiness and clumsiness is increased when the patient stays awake after administration.
Rare Sleeping tablets side effects
Patients are prone to rare side effects when they mix sleeping tablets with other sedative medicine, opioids or alcohol. The use of these substances together elevates the individual substance’s effects, which can negatively affect the patient.
These sleeping pills side effects are often severe and require immediate medical attention. If these side effects are left for a long time, it may harm the patient even more. The unnecessary use of sleeping tablets can also cause these side effects.
Unusual side effects may include:
- Type of allergic reaction called anaphylaxis. It includes a range of symptoms that can arise after exposure to an allergen.
- Low blood pressure
- Visual disturbances/hallucinations
- Parasomnia. This is a complex behaviour which happens during sleep. This can include walking, talking and other strange behaviours while sleeping. This could potentially be dangerous to patients and other individuals around them.
- Extreme drowsiness. This may force patients to take naps during the day or hinder them from waking up in the morning.
Natural Sleeping Tablets No Side Effects
Natural sleep aids are usually considered safer than prescription or OTC sleeping medicine. This is due to the natural aids having fewer or no sleeping tablets side effects than the OTC or prescription pharmaceuticals.
Some insomnia patients worry that taking prescription medicine can cause dependence and addiction. They are also wary of the withdrawal symptoms when it is discontinued or the risk of rebound insomnia. This is not the case with natural sleep aids.
Using natural sleeping tablets normally does not lead to any form of dependence or side effects, as it is commonly used for a short period. It also has a low risk of complications, but it is still important to follow your doctor’s orders when taking these medicine.
Natural sleeping aids that can be used in place of prescription medicine:
- Melatonin. This aid can assist in reducing the time it takes patients to fall asleep. This hormone is found in the body, which is naturally produced throughout different times of the day. By taking a melatonin sleep aid, patients are probably helping their body compensate for a potential deficiency, leading to better sleep.
- Valerian root. According to studies, this plant helps individuals induce sleep faster and promotes a night of deeper sleep. It works best when used short-term.
- Chamomile tea. Not only is chamomile tea considered delicious, but it is also highly effective in relaxing the patient to promote sleep. A potent brew of two or three tea bags is guaranteed to give patients the full, sedative effect they are looking for.
Visit https://alexonlinepharmacy.com/ to view our full range of insomnia Aid Medicine and our wide range of anti-anxiety medication, Muscles Relaxer Medicine , Headache Medicine, Pain Reliever Medicine and pain killer Medicines !