Klonopin, also well known by the brand name clonazepam, is a tranquiliser that is often indicated in the treatment of severe anxiety and panic disorder. This anti-anxiety treatment elevates levels of a natural calming chemical in the body, called GABA. GABA transmits signals throughout the nervous system and if there are insufficient levels of this chemical in the body, anxiety is more likely to happen. Heightened levels of anxiety can result in a panic attack. When taking clonazepam, more GABA is produced and this allows for a patient to remain in a tranquil state.
How Long Does It Take for Klonopin to Work?
The effects of klonopin occur quickly and most people experience relief from anxiety or insomnia within 20-60 minutes of taking a tablet. When used for insomnia, it should be taken immediately before bedtime, as a result of its fast-acting effects.
How Long Does Klonopin Last?
In healthy adults, the effects of this treatment last about 8 to 12 hours. Therefore, klonopin is usually taken in 2 to 3 divided doses per day. It reaches peak levels in the body within 1 to 4 hours and the bioavailability is approximately 90%. This means most of the medication enters the blood circulation when ingested, giving these anxiety pills the ability to induce its therapeutic effects.
How Well Does Klonopin Work?
When it comes to anti-anxiety meds, new patients often enquire what is klonopin like, with regard to the treatment of anxiety disorders. Essentially, individuals using clonazepam for medical reasons may discover several benefits from its use.
- Often, people with anxiety disorders have difficulties with excessive feelings of nervousness on a daily basis. Clonazepam has the ability to produce an overall calming effect which provides relief from anxiety.
- Effectively managing the symptoms of an anxiety disorder with medication, psychotherapy or a combination of both can uplift a patient’s quality of life. This anti-anxiety therapeutic can be beneficial in the treatment of the following conditions:
|Anxiety disorder||Overview of the condition|
|Generalised anxiety disorder||Most people feel worried and anxious when faced with a stressful situation. For people with generalised anxiety disorder, however, anxiety is usually severe and persistent, significantly interfering with their daily lives. People with this condition regularly worry about everyday circumstances like health, work, family and financial issues as well, even when there are no signs of trouble.|
|Social anxiety disorder||A person with social anxiety disorder is often extremely fearful of being criticised, embarrassed or humiliated in everyday social circumstances. Sometimes, the anxiety can lead to a panic attack and a patient may completely avoid social situations as a result. This can have a negative impact on a person’s overall quality of life so treatment is usually recommended.|
|Panic disorder||This condition happens when a person undergoes spontaneous panic attacks and becomes preoccupied with the fear of future attacks. A panic attack involves a sudden surge of intense, overwhelming anxiety that results in physical symptoms, like an increased heart rate, difficulty breathing and light-headedness.|
- A clinical trial was conducted to assess the use of klonopin in the treatment of panic disorder. The safety, efficacy, dosing aspects and discontinuation of treatment were analysed amongst 430 patients with panic disorder. They randomly received an inactive placebo treatment or a fixed klonopin dosage of 0.5 mg, 1 mg, 2 mg, 3 mg and 4 mg, to take on a daily basis.
- For three weeks, patients increased their doses gradually until they had reached their required daily dosage. Thereafter, they took their daily doses for 6 weeks during the dose maintenance phase of the study. Finally, they slowly tapered off their dosages during a 7-week discontinuation phase.
- At the end of the 6-week dose maintenance phase, the four higher klonopin dosages were clearly more effective than the 0.5 mg dose and the placebo as well. An assessment tool called the William’s test was used to determine results. It showed that the minimum effective dose was 1 mg per day.
- Daily doses of 1 mg or higher were equally effective at reducing the number of panic attacks experienced by patients. In the tapering phase of the study, patients in all groups tolerated the discontinuation of klonopin anxiety pills, with little or no klonopin side effects. Daily doses of klonopin 2 mg (or 1 mg dosages) provided the optimal balance of tolerability and therapeutic effects.
How Long Does Klonopin Stay In Your System?
This tranquiliser has a relatively long elimination half-life. On average, it takes approximately 30 to 40 hours for half the medication to be completely removed from the body. Like all medications, however, the half-life can vary according to the following factors:
- Age – in general, the younger a person is, the faster they will process klonopin. Younger people usually have a faster metabolism than older people. Having said that, some senior individuals can be healthier than younger people, so age is not always a significant factor.
- Body mass index (BMI) – patients with a higher BMI tend to have a slower metabolism than those with a lower BMI. For this reason, it will usually take longer for the medication to be eliminated by a person who has a higher BMI.
- Dosage – a large dose of this medication will take longer to be removed from the body than a smaller dose. Typically, the larger the dose, the longer the half-life.
- Frequency and duration of use – if klonopin tablets are used frequently and on a long-term basis, this therapeutic may accumulate in the body. Therefore, a person who takes more of these anxiety pills, and more regularly, will take longer to eliminate it than one who takes a single dosage.
- Overall health – a healthy individual will be able to remove clonazepam from their system at a much faster rate. In contrast, an unhealthy person will have a slower metabolism and will therefore eliminate the medication at a slower rate.
The elimination time of klonopin can vary considerably from one person to another. Depending on the factors listed above, clonazepam usually stays in a person’s system between 5 and 14 days. You can buy anti-anxiety meds, like Klonopin, online and effectively manage the symptoms of anxiety, panic or insomnia. Our pharmaceuticals are sourced from leading manufacturers and customer care is available at all hours.
To buy klonopin online overnight in the USA, simply visit our klonopin online pharmacy and add the quantity you would like to your online shopping cart prior to checking out. As well as the best anxiety medication on the market, our well-known online pharmacy www.alexonlinepharmacy.com sells branded and generic sleep meds and pain pills at low-cost prices and we even add extra free medication to your delivery if you pay using Bitcoin. Yes, you get free klonopin overnight delivery and free clonazepam tablets when paying with Bitcoin!
More Product Information: